June 01 to July 15, 2020
You can apply to the DPBP if you:
- Hold a Master degree or legal equivalent;
- Hold a bachelor degree, with at least 300 ECTS, and have a particularly relevant academic and scientific curriculum that is recognized as attesting the ability to hold a PhD by the Scientific Council of the School of Psychology, on the proposal of the Departmental Council of Basic Psychology, after hearing the Program's Directive Board;
- Hold of a scholarly, scientific or professional curriculum recognized as attesting the ability to hold a PhD by the Scientific Council, on the proposal of the Departmental Council of Basic Psychology, after hearing the Program's Directive Board.
How to apply
To apply for the DPBP, students must submit the following documents in PDF format:
- Request form according to the model (access here).
- Research project in one of the areas/research lines that support the program in close coordination with one of the researchers from the Department of Basic Psychology at the School of Psychology of the University of Minho and/or integrated in one of the laboratories that support the program (Human Cognition Laboratory, Psychological Neuroscience Laboratory, Laboratory of Behavior and Animal Learning, and Visualization and Perception Laboratory), according to the model (access here).
- Declaration of acceptance of the scientific supervision of the project by one of the researchers from the Department of Basic Psychology at the School of Psychology of the University of Minho and/or integrated in one of the laboratories that support the program (Human Cognition Laboratory, Psychological Neurosciences Laboratory, Laboratory of Behavior and Animal Learning, and Visualization and Perception Laboratory), that will assume the role of supervisor.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), submitted through the Ciência Vitae platform (https://www.cienciavitae.pt)
- Motivation Letter, describing the candidate's academic background, his/her main research interests and previous scientific experience. It should also highlight the main reasons that lead the candidate to apply for the DPBP and the main objectives that he/she wants to achieve.
- Copy of the certificate of qualifications with all the curricular units and respective final classification.
- Other documents that may be consider relevant (e.g., letters of recommendation, certificates of courses, copy of the Citizen Card / Passport).
Registration fee: € 40 (according to the University of Minho's fees)
Total number of vacancies: 15
Vacancies for national or equivalent candidates: 10
Vacancies for international applicants: 5 (including Community of Portuguese Language Countries [CPLC])
Note: If the number of vacancies in a contingent is not filled, the excess vacancies may be carried over to the other contingent.
Selection and ranking criteria
The selection of the candidates in any of the contingents occurs in two phases: analysis of the documents provided by the candidate and oral interview. Candidates who do not submit all the documents required in the application will be excluded.
In the first phase, each candidate will score 0-100 points based on the following criteria:
- Academic training;
- Research experience;
- Publications and communications in scientific meetings;
- Quality of the Project;
- Letter of interest.
Candidates who obtain 50 or more points in the documentary analysis (first phase) will be admitted to the second phase (oral interview). The oral interview can be done in person or by videoconference (e.g., Skype)
In the second phase, each candidate will also be scored on a scale of 0-100 points based on the following criteria:
- General knowledge in Basic Psychology;
- Specific knowledge in the area / research line in which the candidate's project is inserted;
- Motivation to attend the Doctoral Program in Basic Psychology;
- Clarification of less clear aspects of research.
The selection results are published on the University's academic portal. (https://alunos.uminho.pt/PT/candidatos/Doutoramentos/)
For more information contact
Pedagogical Secretary: email: email@example.com / telephone: (253) 604 676.
Director of the DPBP: Ana Paula Soares (firstname.lastname@example.org)