The School of Psychology at the University of Minho, Portugal, within the scope of the PhD in Basic Psychology, has created a special contingent, with 5 vacancies, for international doctoral students, including those from the Community of Portuguese Language Countries (CPLP). If you wish to apply for one of these vacancies, you should take the following into consideration:
1. The programme to be attended by the international candidates is the same as the one attended by national candidates entering the doctoral programme via the general contingent. The only difference lies on the way the admission to the PhD programme is made.
2. The conditions for admission to the PhD in Basic Psychology, as well as the documents that must be filled and uploaded on the online application are the same as those requested to the students applying the programme via the general contingent (see applications).
3. Given the characteristics of the PhD programme and the profile of competencies aimed for the students, namely regarding the use of different techniques and equipment (e.g., eye-tracking, EEG, fMRI), the programme must be attended in person. Special attendance conditions must be requested and authorized by the PhD Program Director in accordance with the doctoral supervisor of the student.
4. The School of Psychology provides support to applicants to the PhD in Basic Psychology, namely in what concerns the referral to a professor/researcher who works in the candidate's area of interest and that would fit on the research areas/lines in which the program is focused (Human Memory, Psycholinguistics, Evolution and Decision Making, Psychological Neuroscience, Behavior and Animal Learning), and with whom the candidate may develop the research project to be presented in the application. Contact:
Ana Paula Soares
Director of the PhD in Basic Psychology
5. The School of Psychology is also available to support the applicants in the organization of the necessary logistics for their stay at the University of Minho (e.g., accommodation) as well as other issues that may arise during their application and subsequent stay in the country. Contact:
+351 253 601 385 | +351 253 604676 | +351 253 604220